FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IRROPS at Heathrow today?
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:46 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk ernestojones

Originally Posted by ernestojones
My rule of thumb, when booking a flight, is to add 2 hours onto the ETA and see if it stills works, for 2 hour delays are pretty common place for frequent flyers. If it results in a difficult situation, then I would re-plan.
Welcome to Flyertalk ernestojones, welcome to the British Airways forum. Thank you for joining us here and it's always good to see new members. So welcome on board.

I kind of agree that a 2 hour delay is in the noise, annoying though they are. For those late inbounds, though there could be some people connecting on to the late HKG or ABV, most people would be point to point.

Normally BA pay for reasonable taxi fares if public transport has stopped. Not sure how that will play out when the tube goes 24 hours a day mind! So I would claim, but they typically don't do anything at T5 unless it is shockingly late (3 in the morning stuff), so it's best not to waste any more time, get on a taxi and write in later. Probably fastest and easiest for all concerned.