FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA endorses ticket to UA, UA can't find ticket / won't allow boarding
Old Feb 22, 2015, 1:05 pm
fgirard

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Originally Posted by eajusa
UA needs to get their act together. Their response to the OP is reprehensible.
They definitely need to--

Last week I was traveling PSP-ORD-CDG on UA, and due to operational failures, I wind up missing the ORD-CDG so the UA agents put me on ORD-LHR-CDG, where the LHR-CDG was operated by BA. Now the interesting part is that the itinerary that was handed to me shows US7435 (operated by BA), but no boarding pass. Fast forward to LHR, where I get to the transfer desk and when they print out the boarding pass, I wasn't really paying attention to it, so I re-clear security. As I'm holding my boarding pass, I notice that it says "Paper Ticket: Coupon Required," so after security, I go to one of the help desks in T5. The agent there said "good catch (to me), because UA didn't transfer the ticket correctly, and we would have not allowed you to board since there is no coupon attached to the ticket." After 10-15 minutes of typing away on her terminal and on the phone with someone at UA over in T2, the ticket was re-issued again, but this time the eticket was properly transferred over.

So, lesson learned, and advice to all, always review the boarding pass, because if the words "Paper Ticket: Coupon Required" appear, one should find the nearest agent.

Last edited by fgirard; Feb 22, 2015 at 1:06 pm Reason: fixed grammatical issues