FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Brussels Airlines: which booking class is which service?
Old Feb 22, 2015, 11:35 am
Concerto
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I thought I had better post in this thread, because if I started a new one I would probably write things I regret and get banned! Having bought a Brussels Airlines itinerary on expedia.de (the only flight booking website which actually seems to work at the moment), I am unable to call up the trip on the Brussels Airlines website, which is beyond crap (hasn't it always been?). I am equally unable to call it up at Miles & More (in my 'bookings'), or at Lufthansa (quelle surprise), or at checkmytrip.com.

So I don't know what service class L or S-class books into, but I am assuming that it is the lowest option with no free checked baggage. No problem, I can live with that. But where the heck, in this bizarre world of frequent flying, can I call the itinerary up?

I consider myself a mid-range frequent flyer, so I understand and can cope with many of the byzantine, utterly illogical and pointless foibles of the airlines and their ridiculous rules. But I am still surprised and amazed by something new and ridiculous nearly every day. But how would an ordinary traveler cope with all this? The LCCs are a sure winner here, needless to say.

Incidentally, the routing is BSL-BRU/BRU-GVA and it cost €167 including credit card fees. That is incredibly cheap compared to what it used to be like 15 years ago, where routes between Switzerland and Brussels cost CHF599 and up.