FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Saadiyat Island Resort, Abu Dhabi, UAE United Arab Emirates Opened Nov,11
Old Feb 22, 2015, 5:53 am
FSU

We just got back from a 5 day stay here. Our experience was excellent.

The hotel was completely full and I had booked the cheapest room on a points and cash stay. I have no status other than Preferred Plus so I was not offered an upgraded room. The check in agent apologized for this and said if the hotel was not full, he would certainly have been able to upgrade us.

The basic room was gorgeous, with a bathroom that was almost as big as the room itself. Our balcony view was of the entrance area of the hotel. Not quite a beach view, but nice still.

The resort itself is beautiful. Very large, but with a very peaceful feeling. Every time we came back from touring, it felt like we were coming home. Unlike the previous posters, I found the staff very good. There were some communication problems as English was not the first language of many workers, but there was always someone for them to ask for assistance.

Even though the resort was full, there were always open chairs at the beach. Service was good here as well, when ordering drinks. The food overall was great. We ate at four of the restaurants, and had great meals at all of them. Both inside and outside tables were offered at all the venues. There is also a 20% discount if you are a SPG member.

The butler service was great, too. They are not as proactive as some would like, but I think that is the way the system is set up. For us they explained the room features as we checked in, but we did not use them much after that. Our friends used the service throughout the stay. They had the butler unpack, pack, make coffee, tea etc. They had requested a shirt to be pressed ( they offer free pressing) and when there was some confusion on which shirt it was, the head butler tracked us down at dinner to confirm (he had checked with the concierge where we were eating).

No we were not greeted by name each time we walked in. Sometimes the door was not held open. And sometimes we had to ask the gentleman at the front entrance for dates and tea, instead of him coming up to us. These things seem to be deal breakers for some previous posters, but not for us.

Overall an excellent stay. I would strongly recommend this property and look forward to returning.

Last edited by FSU; Feb 22, 2015 at 6:04 am