FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Booking Infant Awards: Impressed with Avianca Call Center!
Old Feb 21, 2015, 5:17 pm
justforfun

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Drek82
Hey All,

I just booked a trip using Lifemiles for an award ticket. I tried adding my lap child to the reservation via the call center and they said that it can't be done and I have to buy a full priced award ticket for the lap child. I made 4 different calls hoping it was just a HUACA situation.

Since my operating carrier is Lufthansa I tried calling their US reservation center (twice) to try and add the infant ticket directly, but they say that since it is an award ticket issued by Taca (202 stock) that they cannot do anything and I need to go through Lifemiles.

I'm not sure what to do at this point ... does anyone else have any experience with this situation? In reading this thread it seemed like it wasn't a big deal to add an infant to an award ticket but I seem to be running into some issues.

Thanks for any guidance

Drek

Update: I tried calling LifeMiles AGAIN thinking I would just cancel the reservation and book a third seat for my infant (and eat the extra cost), but thought since I was on the phone I would try one more time. This was my 5th call to LifeMiles. This time the agent didn't blink an eye and was able to book the infant award tickets without any hassle. The process they went through was to confirm my reservation, then send an email with the infant ticket which I had to wait to receive and confirm that all the information was correct. They then processed my payment.

So the lesson learned in this situation was 5th time is a charm? :-p
I'm in the exact same situation. LH insists Avianca must issue the infant ticket, Avianca insists LH must issue the ticket. I'm on phone call # 4 with Avianca. I'm running out of patience.

Looking back through the thread, there seems to be conflicting experiences. Some have had the operating carrier issue the infant ticket, some have had Avianca. Which is it?!

Last edited by justforfun; Feb 22, 2015 at 6:07 am