FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to xONEx Rule Sheet
View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:27 am
Calchas
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beardoc
Thanks for this - I'm trying to work out where in the rules this would be a reissue - I know the taxes that should be collected would change, but it seems to me that under the rules, nothing would change. If you just changed the date here, surely you would be due to pay APD and therefore if they didn't reissue, then you're likely to have problems exiting the UK without paying all the taxes, right?

I don't mind paying the APD in this circumstance, I'm just wanting to make sure that this wouldn't trigger a ticket reissue and therefore a possible repricing.
The ticket won't be repriced (in the sense of base fare changes) on re-issue unless you have flown 0 sectors and you are changing the first flight coupon.

However the taxes/fees part may be recalculated.

No one will stop you exiting the UK for unpaid APD. The airlines report their movements to the Exchequer who then demands the appropriate payment (credit cards not accepted) for the previous year. The airlines may be audited from time to time.

If the airline forgot to pass on the tax to the customer that is a matter between the airline and the customer. The liability rests with the airline not the passenger.