FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LUS: USDM oneworld Award Bookings - (Closed to new bookings) [Master FAQ and Help]
Old Feb 20, 2015, 3:52 am
Thai-Kiwi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
USDM biz booking on CX/QF/UL datapoint

A data point on booking QF/CX using USDM.

Agent from Phoenix took about 1 hours, but was a gem and pulled it all together in the end. It did take about 6 calls to the Seoul number, which went to an AA Agent, who transferred me to US (with 5 failures to get a person from the 6 goes).

Needed BKK-AKL//WLG-BKK via ???? in Business, in about 2 months time. I knew availability was sketchy on CX/QF, and preferred not to fly MH.

Previously found desired sectors using my QF account and also EF and JAL on JAL MB. And also had some back-up routings on MH if needed.

There was no biz availability BKK-HKG, so I asked to route BKK-SIN-HKG, and then to AKL. However, this was rejected as 'too many miles in a region'. Interesting as BKK-SIN-HKG-AKL is (just) within the MPM, although obviously not very direct. Ended up in coach on UL but for 2:50 it's fine and I can cope with no lounge or additional baggage (...or can I?). I'll keep an eye out to see if any CX flights open up. Quite surprised that on a Monday, there is no availability at all BKK-HKG on CX.

I encountered CX biz availability on the QF website for HKG-AKL, but DM agent couldn't see it - I understand that this 'happens' from time to time, and so slid things by a day.

The return was booked easily enough, but is albeit somewhat indirect WLG-SYD(QF)-PER(QF)-HKG(CX)-BKK(CX) with a long connection in PER requiring an overnight.

So booked, and USD 125 all up for taxes and processing. I have the US PNR and etix number, but I need the QF/CX/UL PNRs so I can select seats. The confirmatory email has yet to arrive, but it the booking shows in my account just fine. Just waiting now for the email to arrive.

It seems I can't pull up the itinerary on any of checkmytrip, virtuallythere or viewtrip so a bit stumped at present. The AA system and web in my limited experience seems much better.

Cheers, TK