FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ugh... Brazil tourist visa rejected for weekend mileage run
Old Aug 26, 2002, 11:28 am
Quokka

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by transpac:
Can you just apply for a Business Visa? </font>
If you go the business visa route, be aware of the requirements, which include:

4. Letter (on letterhead) from the applicant's employer, addressed to the Brazilian Consulate General, stating the employee's name and title, how long he/she has worked for the company. Please, state very clearly in the letter, the nature of the activities to be performed in Brazil, as well as the duration of stay. Applicants will be required to present additional information if deemed necessary (see item 10 , below).

Of course, you could always try getting a letter from your employer stating you are not travelling on business for them, but rather it's a short personal visit.

The Brazilian Consulate in SF is a bit abrupt and autocratic. When I last visited them, I politely requested a 5 year multi-entry visa which got me glared at and sharply told, "we'll make the decision how long your visa will be for if any". The next day I returned, waited to be called and eventually was handed back my passport with a 5 year visa.