FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] UA: NCL-EWR 600 DKK (mistaken fare) DOT ruled; see wiki for link
Old Feb 19, 2015, 2:44 pm
eloraculo

[QUOTE=bostontraveler;24379917]
Originally Posted by dilanesp
Hans, it is no canard. I am going to tell the truth.

If you booked this ticket, and you didn't live in Denmark, YOU BOOKED THIS TICKET IN DKK BECAUSE YOU WANTED THE MISTAKE FARE. Period. That is an absolutely true statement. If I asked such a purchaser that exact wording a deposition, and the purchaser said "no", the purchaser would be committing perjury.

Seriously, "but I could have been doing it for all sorts of legitimate reasons!" is not an argument. It's not anything. Who gives a hoot what you COULD have been doing it for? The only important fact is the ACTUAL reason it was done. And we KNOW that actual reason, at least in most cases.

You must be an attorney. Or a blogger for UA.

I would say more precisely, "You booked this ticket in DKK because you wanted the fare". Why the need for the adjective? That's what I did. And that's what I do every day in Europe when I look for an expensive product. Cross-border comparisons seem to be otherworldly to some people here...it is, in fact, an EXTREMELY common practice.
You are inferring that people know this was a mistake. The only reference point they have is price. This fare was extremely low, so high probability of being a mistake, but you can never be certain until you have more information. My point being, that I don't care if it is a mistake or not, I care about the price. There has been many times that I purchased tickets "to good to be true", but since airline didn't complain, I don't know if it was a mistake or not.