FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business class – please share your views
Old Feb 19, 2015, 12:01 pm
JustFlyer

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Hey, get serious - BA CW superior to AY's C seat? Already the 8 abreast vs 4/5 abreast arrangement tells the story.:
I agree with ffay005's view (as visible above) on the seat, as well as the other points.

I think that the Zodiac seat design does not use the floorspace very well. Yes, Finnair has only 4/5 abreast (vs. 8 on BA C), but the pitch is super dense. The result of this is that in lying position where your feet must fit into a tiny tunnel, with your toes reaching all the way till the next row passenger's knee level. Of course, when you are in upright position, there is plenty of space at the shoulder level, but I don't like sleeping in the Finnair seat. It may be a personal opinion, but I tend to sleep better in other seats.

With the BA, the floorspace is used more effectively: there is not much space at the shoulder level (because 8 abreast), but the pitch is like 2 meters. From passengers point, you have plenty of space for you feet as they are in open space (not height-restricted narrow tunnel as in Zodiac). You can sleep a lot better.

Does this make sense?

On the service, (low quality) food, processed snacks etc. ff005 is spot on.

E.g. if you want to serve ice cream, don't provide Vanilla/Strawberry Haagen-Daz. It's not a premium ice cream that would belong to a fine dining desert menu. If you really want to serve ice-cream (that is not a bad idea, BA serves it in First), I'd suggest going either with some small label artisan ice creams (BA CW) or having the ice-cream custom-made based on each individual passenger's request in the plane (toppings, hot fudge etc. like AA does in domestic premium cabin on their 737s).

Last edited by JustFlyer; Feb 19, 2015 at 2:14 pm