FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Burj Khalifa - Worth visiting? Timing?
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2015, 6:42 am
eng3

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
I don't know exactly where you are talking about when you say "Dhow cruise terminal" but there's a metro station at the BK (well a 20min walk through elevated ACed walkways. Taxis are quite cheap though, might cost you 30-40AED.

As for BK, if you book ahead of time, it is much cheaper. 200AED between 2-5:30 and 125AED other times. I did read that it might take 30min or so from your appt time til you actually get to the elevator. If you want to be flexible and just buy a ticket when you get there, its 300AED. For that price you can go to the even higher deck (after 7pm I think). If you do go, note that the entrance is from the mall. I never went up because I'm a cheap I guess. Also because it was fairly hazy most days. I think it may get clearer towards the afternoon though. If it were me, I'd go during the day. I'm not how much you'd see at night. I think you can stay as long as you want. But for me it would get boring really quick.

I love the fountains, they go from 6-11pm every half hour.
You're right at the bottom of the BK from there and get a great view. So whether or not you go up, its def worth seeing the building up close.

Last edited by eng3; Feb 19, 2015 at 8:35 am