FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it just me or are BA really starting to suck all of the joy out of flying lately?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 5:47 am
London_traveller

I don't find flying with BA a joyless experience in itself. I rather enjoy flying! Well, it's probably the more general experience of travelling, not the inherent joys of flying BA specifically.

There are better carriers out there but BA's route network, if you are based in London, is its strong card. I don't think the overall offering has actually gone 'bad' even though it has got relatively worse than it was. Imagine if you were flying CW for the first time (pushing aside the cost for one moment). Although you probably wouldn't be wowed you'd still think it was pretty good. Well, I think so anyway.

Problem is, the bread 'n butter for BA are their regular flyers. The people who do notice the small incremental changes for the worse.

One thing I really wish BA would do, instead of window-dressing the removal of something as an enhancement, is be honest about it. If they started by saying some set of catering changes were done, first and foremost to keep their costs down to avoid increasing the fares we pay, I'd have much more respect for them.