FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it just me or are BA really starting to suck all of the joy out of flying lately?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 3:48 am
Justonemore

Programs: BAEC Gold
I still see it as enjoyable, albeit less so than I did. One reason is that my flying habits are random. I did 3000 TP last year, requalified for Gold in 6 weeks but then haven't been on a TP earning flight in 6 months.

My biggest indication is the general mood of cabin crew. It used to be what completely set BA apart and to some degree still does but there is a lot more variety in mood and therefore quality now.

In December I was the first person on a 777 from the B gates to ATL, flying Club. It was a very long air bridge at a gate in the high 40s i think as as I walk quickly i got there a good couple of minutes beofre anyone else. I approached the plane and there were no cabin crew at the door so I walked in (was in 10A, first row of club) so i put my bag down and went to look for a member of the CC to inform them boarding had commenced. A shocked cabin crew member said 'Absolutely typical, that was good wasn't it! Sorry sir' when I told her i'd boarded.

While that's a tiny example, it's one of many small things I have seen that gives me the feleing the staff have lost the love.

JOM