FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it just me or are BA really starting to suck all of the joy out of flying lately?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 3:42 am
ukgooner

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Cradders
I've been flying for business for nearly 11 years now. For the past ~5, I've done a lot more flying with BA, and have credited to EC (having primarily used Aadvantage and Flying Blue).

For most of that time, for the most part, I've quite enjoyed the process - despite business travel being a disruptive and often mundane process. Lately though, I can't help but feel that my experiences with BA have made me feel pretty jaded about the experience.

Things that have contributed to that process are (in no particular order):

1. Constant and miserly penny pinching, removing even the lowest value items they can from the flying experience provided they think no one will notice
2. The obvious (and much discussed) changes to earning and burning rates of avios
3. The massive reduction in UUA availability, combined with it soon to become so expensive it renders it almost entirely pointless
4. The recent suggestions on here that OpUps are being "rationed" to frequent fliers (my experience seems to suggest this might be the case)
5. The continuing and highly irritating spin of all bad news to suggest it is somehow a good thing, which is highly insulting of their customers intelligence.

I know that these have all been much discussed on the forum and it's not my intention to go into more detail necessarily. Moreover, I was interested to hear if any other frequent travellers like me are tempted not just to jump ship but to consider knocking the business travel on the head entirely? Admittedly I'm fortunate that I can choose this without career change but it is becoming a serious consideration.

At the very least, as of next week I will have requalified for gold in a little over 5 months. I'm really wondering if there's any point in putting any more flights through BA. Certainly one way or another it's starting to feel like change time is getting close.

Isn't this just a rehash of the 'changes to exec club' thread? And "will your loyalty change"? It's like kittens with a ball of wool on here.