FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it just me or are BA really starting to suck all of the joy out of flying lately?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 3:06 am
T8191
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
We usually only fly to the USA, so BA has been [up to now] a reasonably obvious choice. But the recent changes, in combination, have definitely skewed our thinking for the future. We are happy to keep collecting Avios, to use for a Caribbean 241. We don't mind collecting TPs either, and I confess to considering how to renew Gold i a year or so.

But ... I was doing some long-term planning yesterday on Matrix for some 2015/16 holidays, and the decision-making process keep leading me to using US ex-DUB every time, followed by intra-USA flights on either US or AA. The old thinking of just using BA on a point-to-point has faded away, as has any idea of UuA to J.

Now I don't find BA 'joyless' by any reasonable definition, but I/we certainly now see there are other [cheaper] options that, by virtue in part of added interest or 'for a change', have us gently backing away from BA. Not actually backing out of the door, but standing ever closer to it