FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it just me or are BA really starting to suck all of the joy out of flying lately?
Old Feb 18, 2015, 3:50 pm
Aztec_Flyer

Programs: VS Silver, EK Gold, BA GGL/CCR
OP, yes I agree with your thoughts entirely.

I know FT is an extreme end of the passenger spectrum, but it must be a little concerning to BA that the overall tone of posts seems to have taken such a significant turn for the worse over the last 12-18 months.

There have been so many threads about BA being mediocre, F being a J+ product, CW being "enhanced", club kitchen, lack of CW breakfasts, wait times on the phone, aircraft being dirty, lounges being subjected to cost cutting etc. etc..

I think they must be approaching a tipping point and within the next 12 months we'll see a "we need to focus on the customer experience" message being sent out and some of those changes being rolled back.

Just from a personal perspective I do about 8k TPs a year with BA but only use them when flying west. If I have a choice between them and Emirates its EK every time going south / east. The product is significantly better in F and also significantly cheaper. So BA is not my first choice for about 30-40% of my LH travel. Extrapolate that over a large number of customers and it must start to become a little concerning?