FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TP oddity, Fuertaventura vs Tenerife
View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:36 am
snuffi

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
My experience is that may never get updated, and it has no impact on what you actually get. The S and B on the other hand will be important, so you possibly won't see very much more until 3 days after your flight. I agree that in your position you will be looking at 20+40, though I don't wear hats very often. If you are unlucky the buckets may change to G + G, that would be more normal for BA Holidays.
Looks like the calculator has been updated, and with it my MMB.

They are still showing as fare classes "S" & "B",but the TPs have now updated in MMB to 60. In terms of the buckets changing, what would dictate this? The reason I ask is that the additional 20 TPs in this case actually makes a difference for various children hitting bronze, which in turn makes a difference for collecting quite a lot more Avios later in the year on previously-booked LH flights.

This is a half-term booking, so could it be that at the point of booking the tickets all the deep-discount economy seats were gone, and so it booked me into the next cheapest, which on one of the legs was a flexible ticket. It would certainly explain the eye-watering price!!

Last edited by snuffi; Feb 17, 2015 at 2:56 am