FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - is it cruel when company policy only allow coach on 15-hour flight, even for the CEO?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 2:01 am
mikebg

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by DutchShip
Obviously I cannot name the company on a public forum, but our CEO is well-known for being frugal, extremely frugal. He/she only rides in coach on long flights likes LAX-SYD and JFK-NRT. At least the policy applies to anyone from the janitorial staff all the way to the CEO him/herself.

My question is... isn't this cruel and unusual punishment? To be fair, the company is a joy to work for. I would give up sex forever for lifetime employment at the company.
I think you answered the question yourself. In fact, I would go further and say that the very reason you find the company so wonderful to work for is precisely that the CEO practices what he preaches. No doubt this philosophy is implemented in other areas of the company, and I would guess that it filters down to the lower echelons as well.

Personally, I would find coach on a long flight very difficult, especially if I needed to work on arrival/return, but your example seems to illustrate a good culture of corporate governance which permeates the company and makes working for them a pleasure - so if long trips are not all that regular it could well be a price worth paying.