FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Spend a Week in India, Vietnam, or Italy?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 9:15 pm
HMPS

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by SpiderFlyerTX
**If I placed this in the incorrect spot, please more to correct forum. Thanks!**

I was fortunate enough to get in on the Etihad mistake fare to AUH back on Christmas Day and am thinking of skipping the return leg and spending another week somewhere else. Based on some searching, the cheapest options (less than $300) would be for me to go to India, Vietnam, Istanbul, or Italy (and use points to return to US). I am going to be traveling for leisure and either alone or with my cousin. I want to be able to experience the country's culture/history and not sit on a beach somewhere.

I have never been to any of these countries so wanted to see is anyone has recommendations on which of these is his/her favorite? This is going to be in late May/early June if that needs to be factored in.

I am looking to depart AUH/DXB on May 26 and must be back to DCA/IAD by June 3/4.

Thanks for the advice!
For cultureS, diversity, history, etc I recommend India. You can fly into DBX DEL under 4 hors. Etihad can take you there and many more airlines.

Do the Golden Triangle. Look up. IncredibleIndia.com for starters. Then ask questions.

also you can return India USA for less than 40000 points in Y. United has a non stop DEL EWR.