FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EK409 Mel - DXB
Thread: EK409 Mel - DXB
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2015, 5:36 pm
subject2load

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Had a (somewhat concerned .... ) double-take as I read the opening line of the OP's query, "departs 2.40am...." because I'm booked to fly the same sector next month, the flight number looked the same, yet I felt sure MY ticket quoted a departure time of 22.25. But in fact I'm on 409, which is a non-stop......

As for the lounge/food issue .....this will be my first time out of MEL (normally leave from SYD) and I was planning to check-in just before 8pm, have dinner in the lounge, and then try to get some sleep on-board.

Was a little concerned by a recent comment by eightblack on a status-run thread where, in reference to EK Australian lounges, he said that "the one in MEL is very very tired and cramped..."

There are not many things I prefer about QF over EK, but I might now consider using the QF lounge in MEL before my flight. The QF business lounge will be no better than the EK lounge, but all indications are that the QF First lounge will be.
Happily, being Gold with EK, plus booked in F on the 409, will allow me access to both lounges ; and perhaps that's the case for the OP too.