FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unspecified new benefits for USA AMEX personal Platinum coming Spring 2015?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 10:28 am
eajusa

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cfabar1
I wish I knew what the benefits are. I have been considering getting Platinum Card for a long time.
If you travel a lot and are as wealthy as some FT posters then it's a no brainer - apply. If you are in my shoes then go to this link: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...DUAL_Benefits2
Calculate exactly how much benefit you will receive on an annual basis to see if it justifies $450 AF. Make sure you are measuring benefits you do not already have with another card. I only fly in May, June, July, and August because all my travel is leisure and fits around my job schedule. I manage to reap more than the annual fee every year thus far. Some posters allude to expecting at least double their money back. That is no longer probable unless you are using some of the most upscale benefits, such as the limousine, cruise, and private jet benefits. If you are into simplicity and spend enough you may prefer a card, such as, Barclays Arrival Plus. Finally, 1) consider the $200 reimbursement puts the annual fee down to $250 before you look at the other benefits. I buy AA gift cards or UA gift registry with the $200 every year and am always reimbursed. 2) The GE fee of $100 is reimbursed, which is $20 a year. Now you need to find another $230.