FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seoul for 4 days
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2015, 7:12 am
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by shinjukuflyer
A few questions:
1. Seems people here recommend taking the limousine bus from the airport. However according to our hotel's website, taking the train from ICN and then switching to the Green line seems both quicker and cheaper. Since we'll only have wheeled carry-ons and maybe a backpack, would we be better off taking the train?
IMO, yes.

I've only done the trains and if it goes near your hotel then that's a win.

2. Regarding trains, is the T-Money pass the way to go? Are there any unlimited use type passes that would be worth our while? How about the Seoul City Pass that's mentioned here? http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/TR/TR_EN_5_4.jsp
I got the T-Money pass, put a bunch of won on it and didn't worry about individual fares. That was nice. I typically do the same thing in Tokyo with a Passmo card and I'm doing the same in Istanbul right now as well. Yes, I usually have a few dollars left over on the card but that's better than trying to figure out all the fares at each trip IMO.

4. I mentioned the Gyeongbokgung Palace tour earlier. Is this something we can do without i.e. tour on our own?
We did the guided version at Gyeongbokgung and I think there was enough interesting info in the tour to make it worthwhile. But you can definitely walk the grounds without a guide just fine. If you can get the Secret Garden tour on the same day that would be convenient as it is all at the same place. Also wander about the old Hanok Village area while you're in the neighborhood.

Also consider a visit to Noryangjin fish market as something to do during the trip.

n.b. The link above is to my blog or to one which I am a regular contributor. FT rules require that I disclose that in the post.