FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Malaysia Golden Lounge KLIA
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2015, 4:59 am
TGflyergirl

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Lounge was packed last friday 13th.

MH2, MH52 (the one I'm on), and 3 other MH flights were delayed. MH2 to LHR was delayed from the usual timing to 2pm in the afternoon the next day (about more than 12 hours). I think eventually those passengers got their hotel rooms.

MH52 was delayed from 11:50pm to 1:20am then delayed further till 4:40am... Poor us and the Cabin Crew. Apparently the 1:20am plane had some technical problems and was deemed not flyable. Had to wait for the Sydney plane to come back and they used that to whisk us on our way.

I'm glad I got to KIX in one piece. As always, safety first. Too bad I can't claim my travel insurance as it was less than 6 hours.

Looking at the flight history for MH52 this past week, looks like it's been consistently delayed.
There was a major delay in SYD on MH140 on the 13th - i was in the QF F lounge looking out at the tarmac and saw 2 MH330's at the same time - which is not normal. MH140 departed about 15 hours late, at a time very close to the timing of the afternoon 122 - that probably had an impact on your 52. Aircraft was 9M-MTN.