FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dear DM lady wearing your DM bag tag around your neck . . .
Old Feb 15, 2015, 11:00 am
DYKWIA2014

Programs: Delta DM/1.3MM, Marriott PP/LTP, Natl EE, Etihad Guest, FT FNG
Dear DM lady wearing your DM bag tag around your neck . . .

This might belong in the DYKWIA thread, and mods feel free to move it.

This past Friday afternoon I was flying TPA-ATL.

While waiting at the gate, I noticed this lady hovering near the gate counter before boarding. I normally wouldn't have paid any attention except that she was wearing her DM bag tag around her neck in one of those clear plastic pouches on a chain.

Maam, it's a bag tag, not a dog tag like soldiers wear, and no one but you is impressed.

Anyway, I am the last person to board with First. I get to my row, and stop to put my rollerboard in the overhead. Suddenly this DM bag tag lady is right behind me muttering to herself. This is going to be fun.

I take my seat in 4A, and guess who sits down in the bulkhead EC seat behind me?

Some poor guy sits next to her, and I then hear her go off that I had "stolen her upgrade and how she was going to write Delta to complain". See she's a DM (even wearing her DM bag tag to show everyone), and I'm just a PM/MM and she ranks ahead of me. I have my PM tag on my backpack like a good little Jr. DYKWIA, since I'm just PM and all.

Hey lady:

1. I can hear you.
2. I didn't steal your upgrade, I paid for a First Class Seat.
3. It's only an hour flight.
4. Get over yourself.

And # 5, thanks for standing in the aisle so that I couldn't get out of my row ahead of you.

I now know where the center of the universe is, and I'm still not impressed.