FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unspecified new benefits for USA AMEX personal Platinum coming Spring 2015?
Old Feb 15, 2015, 5:02 am
garykung
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by GarlicFlyer
Having a fancy lounge in part of the airport from where I may or not be flying from isn't interesting for me. Also, the Boingo internet subscription doesn't make sense, when (1) it doesn't always work and (2) free internet is becoming commonplace, including overseas.

If I pay 450 USD a year for a card, I want, real, complementary upgrades for travel, including with hotels, airlines, and auto rentals.
Not every card benefit (AMEX Platinum or not) makes sense to anyone. It is up to you to decide if the card fits you.

BTW - AMEX Platinum does come with "real, complementary upgrades for travel" except for airlines:

Hotel - You can get upgraded room if you book a qualified hotel through FHR. Also, the complimentary SPG Gold status will get you free upgrade at a SPG facility (except aloft).

All upgrades are based on availabilities.

Auto - Complimentary National Executive status can get you a confirmed upgrade (you book a higher class car but pay a lower rental cost).