FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] UA: NCL-EWR 600 DKK (mistaken fare) DOT ruled; see wiki for link
Old Feb 15, 2015, 4:18 am
Paul4Travel

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by LHSEN
Similar observation here. EU laws are generally exercised based on common sense and good faith whereas I think US is more on technicality, although of course there are exceptions (e.g. A while back the German tax authority purchased and obtained illegally bank details from someone working in a bank in Switzerland and used as evidents to locate and prosecute tax evasion ... that is bad faith to me).

My philosophy here is, may be it is not meant to be to get these tickets ... There's not much lost for people here, as compared to United who is dealing with all these reputational damages, legal implications not only in the US but potentially whistleblown itself to EU investigation ...

I'm not sure if United actually understand what battles they are getting themselves into ...
^

Furthermore, guys, is it so complicated to avoid to fight one another and simply discuss in the merit of the matter?
Of course here there are some people who tend to incite others in a barren discussion, and yes, maybe some "strange and quite new users", but fighting one another, at the moment means to loosing sight of the real matter...and making, eventually, the provokers game!