FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why do bloggers continually review the same product?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 8:45 pm
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by farbster
Seth,

Can you elaborate on why/how people found your blog? Did they come to it via a google search on something like "value of SPG points"? Are you able to track how they get to you? i'm fairly certain you can do that...
The various analytics platforms used to tell you what search terms were used to link in to your site. Google mostly stopped sharing that data with webmasters so it is much, much harder to track now.

On that particular day about 20% of the traffic is classified as "organic search" which means people typing a term into a search engine. More than 90% of the search traffic was delivered with no keyword data to correlate against.

So, yes, I can track how people show up to some extent, but not to the specific level of detail of knowing exactly what most search engine visitors typed to get to me. But I see things like 2 page views on my site generated from this thread today, which means someone clicked the link in my sig since I don't have any other links here.

I should also point out that, according to Wordpress Stats, the post on my site which got the most page views last year is one I wrote in 2013. It has good SEO and inbound links and gets a lot of traffic. But never a ton on any one day. Just slow and steady over time.