FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]
Old Feb 13, 2015, 4:11 pm
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by pricesquire
A quick break from the W discussion...bear with me.

Am I the only one who cringes every time Ben tries to write about "business strategy" or "business model" or so and so is "great at business"....

His writings on La Compagnie, whether accurate or not, drives me up the wall. He has no business experience whatsoever, doesn't know jack about mergers and acquisitions, and doesn't even begin to realize that his analysis isn't analysis at all.

I'm sorry, but flying 24/7 doesn't have you an "airline expert" in anything except product vs. product comparisons of different airlines.

Had the same issue with how he was writing about the CEO of Aer Lingus, as if somehow they were on the same level....

Some title too: "The Most Ridiculous Airline Aspiration Of The Century…"

I can think of two dozen more ridiculous things than what it appears La Compagnie is doing.....
Nope, you're not the only one.

Although Ben isn't the only armchair airline expert among P&M bloggers (I'd note that there are a few bloggers who seem to actually have knowledge/experience to support their analysis though)...or for that matter, among FT members.