FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC increases YYC-LHR, decreases YEG-LHR for S15
Old Feb 12, 2015, 6:43 pm
7E7

Programs: AC*E75
Originally Posted by CloudsBelow
This is basically just a re-tread of the last YEG thread.
At the end of the day, if the sentiment of YEG passengers is aligned the the local EDM posters here, EIAA is doing a great job - If the broader exYEG community honestly believe the stuff posted here, that's really all that matters.
Edmontonians can bullsh!t their friends and I'll bullsh!t mine, but let's not bullsh!t each other. AC does not cut profitable flying (or forecasted profitable flying), so let's park that nonsense.
AC know they're at a cost and cabin configuration disadvantage vs KLM. AC know the pax numbers exYEG are going down, likely significant. Looks like they're getting out of dodge knowing they'll take their AP/*A chasers with them via YYC/YYZ

The KLM-YEG situation will be one worth following closely. If anyone is able to find out the deal between KLM and EIAA, please post what you can - specifically, Has EIAA guaranteed performance minimums on the route or simply provided reduced operating costs and free ad/marketing. Someone is going to take a haircut on this one, IMO of course
Well I agree with you but do not like being lumped in with people in Edmonton and EIAA that hVe a hate on for AC and think they are sitting in their ivory cockpit scheming to screw YEG.

AC has the data and makes their decisions on the best places to maximize revenue, that is what businesses do!

EIAA makes deals with carriers, and likely provides millions of dollars in subsidies both in cash and no fees. They do not disclose this, and do not answer questions in this regard (depending value they could be offside IFRS disclosure rules). I hope they tie this to performance of the carriers but have doubts (I wonder if United repaid subsidies after cancelling EWR).