FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unspecified new benefits for USA AMEX personal Platinum coming Spring 2015?
Old Feb 12, 2015, 2:24 pm
eajusa

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mia
American Express, like any business, is content to lose unprofitable customers. I do not think we will see any material change in lounge access benefits, and I expect the $200 airline fee reimbursement benefit to be eliminated when the Centurion lounge network is built out. I think it needs to be much larger, and I am puzzled that no additional locations have been announced.
That makes a lot of sense. Lounge access is the most attractive benefit of the card. Building the Centurion Lounge will take a substantial investment on their part, hence eventually eliminating the $200 reimbursement may be necessary to pay for it. Many in the FT forums state that they would only keep their card if they can continue to reap substantially more money than the AF paid. That may be good for us, but does not make good business sense for Amex. If a company becomes unprofitable, it may one day be unable to provide its customers with any benefits. I've been to the Centurion Lounge in Dallas. I want Amex around for a long time to come, and I want them to build many more of these lounges, as they are superior to their competition.