FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage Running for Air France New First Class/La Première
Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:49 am
SFO777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by theshaun
Love this!
Thanks theshaun.

Originally Posted by JohnRain
OMG SFO777, how can you cheat on your beloved LH with its ugly stepsister AF...? I know you're a francophile (so am I) and I must admit that the new AF F cabin looks amazing and that AF F ground service at CDG is supposed to be excellent but, but, really? I'm shocked!
LOL. Thanks very much JohnRain. It is sort of cheating, isn't it. Actually more like playing the field. But I have no intention of dumping LH altogether even though they're not showing much for DEN with two class service 7 months of the year. But at least they fly here, unlike AF. But, I'm not going to spend 162.5K each for one way First all the time, especially when LH is 62.K to 85K.

Originally Posted by DanielW
That pink stuff in the DL bagel looks pretty fluorescent. Bet they don't serve that in La Première.
I think you're right on that one. Thank you DanielW.

Originally Posted by agp423
I must say this is your first TR that does not make me incredibly jealous
LOL. Yeah, I understand.
Thanks agp423.

Originally Posted by Digital01
Here we go again, another great report!
I guess it's mostly too late since a lot of your flights are done, but I have always preferred A17 out of the ATL clubs because its large, it retains the older look, and the staff (at least at the bar), are typically quite good. The new F concourse lounge is also decent, and E would probably be my next favorite. The C lounge is small but retains the older look, which I prefer. Agreed though that the B lounge is TINY and not good.
You could always just go to One Flew South in E for a decent meal!
Safe travels.
Thank you Digital1 and for your guide to ATL. A17 is the best of the ones I've visited. I saw One Flew South but figured I'd get served faster at TGIF.

Originally Posted by FallenPlat
My but you must be quite the hunk! Nevertheless, I thought only high school kids drank rum & cokes? Still, a business card is a business card. More seriously, I've looked at the AF thing as well, but the thought of always having to dog-leg through IAH to get to CDG has always put me off.
And now, too, I know what to order at TGIF if I ever need a do-it-yourself Admirals Club.
Thanks FallenPlat. I think alcohol changes one's perspective.
Connecting is always a PIA, but living in the boonies, we'd be connecting on LH to get to CDG anyway LH (and a double connection off season).
So DEN-IAH-CDG is actually very convenient for us.

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
What fun! As one who's also been known to chase miles in pursuit of a First Class ticket, I've thoroughly enjoyed this report. Except for the photos of that depressing little B-10 lounge, which I also know well. I must say however that the report seems a bit off balance without the presence of Mrs. SFO777! Whaaaat! She doesn't like Delta?
Thanks so much Seat 2A. Mrs. SFO is OK with DL for short flights but not 15 of them.
Although the morning I told I was going to LAS, she say "I want to go to Vegas"... but not for 2 hours and not via SLC.

Last edited by SFO777; Feb 13, 2015 at 1:44 am