FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC increases YYC-LHR, decreases YEG-LHR for S15
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:49 pm
xLuther

Originally Posted by winnipegrev
To be fair, I think they know exactly who the clientele is - how many 35/50/75/100Ks there are who are based in YEG, fly in/out of YEG, their fare classes purchased, yield of YEG pax vs. YYC/anywhere else, and average spend/CPM of each annually.

In fact no one would have the amount of data AC does on the full range of travelers/clientele who use YEG. No one like WS, WG etc without a business class product can see what the demand really is. AC's data set would be most complete, much more than even EIA would have access to.

If AC figured that the yields were even $0.01/flight better than they think a 2nd YYCLHR will be, you can bet they would have left the LHR flight in YEG. The good news is they think that decent yield travelers are going enough YEG-YVR/YUL/YYZ to expand service to those cities.
Hate to break this to you, only the YEG-YvR-SYD crowd use AC in big way, Going other way If YEG - LHR not there, well it's MSP, IAH, ORD etc then on to EU,Middle East , Russia, etc I know more UA, Delta , BA , AA FF out of YEG then AC . Why do you think YEG transborder traffic is so high ? All tourist, hardly

AC is chasing vacation and head office crowd out of YYC, does not have a clue or seem to care about the non-white collar Buisness traveler, their loss.

After being SE in 2014, I am down to 35K, in 2015, but traveling again, probably walk away from AC , too much a PITA to fly on them out of YEG, especially to USA