FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2015 SkyMiles Program News from Delta
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2015, 8:51 pm
bworrell

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
My first "Skymiles 2015" longer RT flight yielded 4,037 miles instead of 18,594 miles if this was last year.

I decided to at least send Delta what I thought about it... here's what I received back:
We understand the 2015 program updates affect members in different ways, but they best balance the needs of our customers and our business. We’re confident the updates are the right moves for our customers and airline.
Members who spend more with Delta now receive more miles, and customers who purchase lower fares still receive a great value for their ticket.
This model, based on dollars spent, is common for many businesses, including those in the travel industry. Hotels and rental car companies have used it for some time, and other airlines have moved in this direction.

You may now also enjoy more redemption options, including the ability
to:
-Redeem miles for any Delta Air Lines flight, with no blackout dates.
-Enjoy more Award Seats for fewer miles and more redemption levels overall.
-Take advantage of new One-Way Awards (half price of round trip).
-Choose new Miles + Cash Award options (pay for a portion of a ticket with miles and the other portion with cash).
-Experience improved Award Ticket search and shopping, including an all-new Award calendar.