FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any experience booking with Vayama.com?
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2015, 6:17 pm
anaggie

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
No help whatsoever from customer service agent

Booked a J class ticket from BOM-MAA-DEL to travel in March via 9W. Plans have changed and I don't have to go to DEL. So, I called to ask for a change request from MAA-DEL to MAA-BOM. Agent said they would send an email with the change request withing 2 days.

Well, within 2 minutes I get an email saying the change is not possible due to the fact that the airline does not operate that flight.

I look online and 9W operates approx 7 different flights a day from MAA-BOM. So, I call them back and the agent said that the airline will not allow them to change the flight so I have no choice but stick to the plan. I ask to cancel my ticket and since the tickets are "non-refundable", I will lose the money. I can ask for a refund, but she said that since the tickets are "non-refundable" , Vayoma will not refund the money.

I then asked about holding the credit for another flight. Even that is not possible.

Now, I did not know that the tickets are non-refundable, but like most airlines, you can keep the credit for up to a year and I assumed that would be the policy.

I have already decided to just bite the bullet, buy another one way ticket on 9W from MAA-BOM and skip the return leg from MAA-DEL.

I really don't know know whether I screwed up or this is normal operating procedure for companies like Vayoma. One thing is for sure, I will not recommend Vayoma to anyone or use them again.