FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [PREM FARE GONE] UA: NCL-EWR 600 DKK (mistaken fare) DOT ruled; see wiki for link
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:48 pm
paffendorf

Programs: BA[G], SQ[G], TK[G], DL[PM], EY[G], AF[S], IC[Amb], HH[G]
Originally Posted by gil123
You guys are nuts for posting your entire itineraries at this point. I wouldn't even post my details to the wiki until the dust settles. Except for the few Danes on this site, you intentionally gamed the system (and so did I but just wasn't fast enough) by choosing a different location for the billing, and now you are identifying yourself and your ticket. This is a VERY different situation than any other mistake fare and I wouldn't assume anything. There are two issues here: the foreign currency conversion error (not our problem and we all could legitimately be able to book at those rates if we find them) and the misrepresentation of billing information (twice, once when you change your location and once when you fill in the billing info). I'm not a lawyer but if you are hoping for DOT rules to make this stick I would say yes for the first issue but the second one is a whole other story. Like I said I wish you all the best and maybe deep down my doubts are also exacerbated by the fact that I missed the boat but in my mind this is definitely new and uncharted territory and not at all a slam dunk. So I would sit tight and lay low at this point

I *c-o-m-p-l-e-t-e-l-y* agree with you.

FTers should keep a religious silence both about their travel plans and on speculations. Speculating is the best way to give UA ideas.
They have to talk first, not us.