FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Luxury Hotel in Hong Kong
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2015, 5:52 am
JohnRain

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Originally Posted by gracall
I've stayed at all but RC, more frequently in MO/Landmark for work. Pen do offer great access to touristy spots. Great idea to split between Pen and MO.

MO rooms are typically smaller and feel "aged", where as Landmark rooms are more modern and airy, so depending on your taste. Services are both excellent. Keep in mind things die down a lot earlier in Central, and streets are occupied by Filipino overseas workers on Sundays.

FS is not my favorite...still excellent by any standards, just not so great when compared to the others.
Thanks for your feedback, gracall. I'll be staying at the MO and the FS now. My rationale is the following:

MO vs LMO: while I agree with you that the rooms look less fresh/modern at the MO, I feel that the much talked-about overall spirit/atmosphere of the MO should make up for it. Also, views are pretty important to me and this is a weak point of the LMO.

FS vs Pen: I'm sure that everybody should stay at the Pen at least once and I'm a fan of historic hotels in general, but from what I've read it is only worth it if you book a Harbour View Room / Suite on the higher floors of the tower. The room rates are high but acceptable, but the Suites come at a premium that I'm not ready to pay because in terms of other facilities, I prefer the FS due to their amazing outdoor pool area.