FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need advice on which *A FF scheme to join? - please post here
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:00 am
lowjhg

Okay, I'm just gathering opinions on my possible next move

(1) What is your home airport? (SFO, LAX, MCO, etc.)
SIN MEL SYD CBR HBA

(2) What types of fares do you usually buy ? (C, F, Y, etc.)
PE and J, sometimes Y

(3) How many miles do you usually fly each year? (<25K, 25k-50k, >50k)
Definitely >50k

(4) Do you have any kind of status at present? What is it? (UA Premier, M&M Senator etc)
A3*G, VA Platinum, QF Platinum

(5) What is most important to you in a FFP? (Frequent upgrades on travel, priority services when flying the airline, good award redemption rates, free lounge access, etc.)
*A Lounge portfolio access, Earn & Burn rates, Great home airline recognition

(6) Which routes do you fly most often (US Domestic, Transpacific etc)
Asia to Australia, intra asia, intra australia, trans tasman

(7) Preferred Airlines
*A: SQ, TG, LH, NZ, NH
OW: QF, LA, CX
ST: GA
NA: EK, VA

(8) Do you travel for work or pleasure? (Can you chooose your airlines, class of service?)
Leisure, some sectors for work

I have a few options. I can requalify for QF platinum easily every year, but I'm looking to diversifying my portfolio.

currently i have A3*G till Jan 2016 and will be able to take a SIN-LHR return in SQ PE to LHR,, and coupled with a return A3 journey to ATH to be eligible for the 12k requal.

The second option is to requal for VA platinum, but using mostly SQ flights to do so. VA miles can be converted to SQ miles with a 35% penalty, but offers great redemption opportunities with SQ. Right now its either or, or accruing in a different FFP altogether.

Let me know your thoughts. Feel free to suggest any FFP you think is viable for me