FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Truth about TrueBlue Point Value
View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2015, 5:20 pm
cyber1k

Programs: BA GGL, AA EXP and former CK, DL Plat, UA Gold MM
The Truth about TrueBlue Point Value

I've read through the dashboard and numerous posts hoping to gain enough information as a B6 newbie to understand what TrueBlue points are really worth. Excuse me if this is clearly explained somewhere else, but I haven't seen it.

So far I am earning points rapidly by commuting on their Mint product which is among the best transcon premium products in the sky today. With that, my points are racking up quickly, but how much they are worth is not clear.

I can see the range of points required for B6 network flights. But calling to determine the number of points needed for a First Class booking on Hawaiian only yielded disappointing news that goes unaddressed on the JetBlue site. I'm being told that you cannot use TrueBlue points for first class on Hawaiian. True or False? Can I use points on partner Emirates for the first class suite product to the middle east? How about South Africa?

Is there a chart? A 3rd party thoughtful interpretation of the points value and how many are needed to use on partner airlines etc?

What are the smartest uses for the TrueBlue points?

Upgrading a rev ticket to the even more room portion of cabin as a mosaic?

Pure point award ticket on Mint?

I'd be grateful for any context and clarity that can be shared to give me a true value of these points and how to best use 'em. Thank you very much.