FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based)
Old Feb 10, 2015, 12:44 pm
usAir

Programs: US Silver, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by HoKo
Hey cockpitvisit, would it be possible for some of us FT'ers to help you do some of the dirty work to get this awesome tool updated?

I have no idea if this is technically feasible (in terms of what sort of tech skills, coding abilities, etc. are needed) but I know that I would be happy to help if there are some low level tasks that you need help with.

If so, maybe we could turn this into a crowd sourced effort, I'm imagining if 5-10 of us each put in a couple hours of work and then you packaged up the final product. Is this possible...or too hard to split up the work into individual tasks?
Hey HoKo and cockpitvisit--I just looked at the file, and it seems like its fairly easy to edit. You can just edit the .dat files manually (no coding necessary!), and the application will update itself (as long as you hit save).

cockpitvisit, if you'd be ok with it, I'd like to create a wiki post where anyone can edit the data stored in the .dat files, and can copy-paste it into their own application. It would help free up your time, and let you concentrate on improving the actual application (or making new tools, or just other things in general).