FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 8 Days in South Africa: Garden Route + Addo or Kruger?
Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:44 am
KenJohn

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
We did Kwandwe Ecca Lodge for Christmas one year. Had a great time there. Do not regret it choosing it.

The luxury level is the close to Singita but is less formal which we prefer. Its more akin the Singita Lebombo. Have said that, the animals (big 5) do throw themselves at you around the Singita area so you cannot beat the experience. Ecca Lodge has good viewing but you have to be somewhat more patient like a good hunter. The scenary of the area is fantastic. We were very fortunate as a Swedish family took up all the villas apart from ours. So we had our own jeep and driver since the family wanted to stay together for their drive.

I did wake up one morning baffled to find a sunbed in the pool and another beyond the decking area. We must have been visited by baboons since we definitely did not party ourselves that night. All outdoor furniture was back in its space when we returned from our morning drive. So yes, you are definitely in the wild despite the luxurious surroundings.

It is drivable from Port Elizabeth or you can fly (we were taken in a 3 seater plane (pilot, my partner in the front passenger seat and me in the back seat). Now that was an experience. We got the lodge to arrange for a private car to take our bags by road from the airport to the lodge.

Last edited by KenJohn; Feb 10, 2015 at 8:51 am