FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong and Bangkok – BA A380 First and CW, Cathay First and Premium Econ, W Hotels
Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:09 am
kt74

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Hi matthandy - great report, as ever ^

I was on your flight! (I actually recognised the crew from the photos, and then scrolled back and noticed the date!) I also got the beep, and got moved to 2K (which was better than 4A, it sounds). Alas, although I saw the seat change in the GF lounge, I was too busy panicking about finishing work to have time to visit the CCR

I actually thought the food and service were great, and exceeded my expectations, but again maybe I was lucky. I had the male crew member on the RHS of the cabin, who was terrific - anticipated my needs, slowed down pace of dinner, instinctively knew if I liked my glass of wine or not (and therefore how full to fill the glass!), left me alone when I wanted to be, and made/cleared my bed without me asking - great, SQ-like service

Funnily enough, he asked me if the tasting menu was enough, because he said some passengers had complained that the serving sizes were too small - he must've meant you Other than my beef being very, very tough and overdone (I was eating slowly, as trying to finish writing a report at the same time, so maybe it had sat in the oven for an extra 30 mins...), I thought the rest of it was quite nice - I quite like samphire! - and plenty enough for me. Wine was great too, especially that Sauternes. Oh well, shows you can't please everyone!

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip