FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need advice on which *A FF scheme to join? - please post here
Old Feb 10, 2015, 6:18 am
Windsor001

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
(1) What is your home airport? LHR or AMS/BRU/DUB/MAD
(2) What types of fares do you usually buy ? F/J
(3) How many miles do you usually fly each year? 25-50K
(4) Do you have any kind of status at present? BA Gold / Hilton Gold / Accor Platinum
(5) What is most important to you in a FFP? Lounge/Mileage Programme/Recognition
(6) Which routes do you fly most often - Transatlantic/European
(7) Preferred Airlines - Oneworld currently
(8) Do you travel for work or pleasure? -Pleasure

Looking to status match my BA Gold and leave Oneworld, maybe go to Star Alliance? What BA are doing with the Avios I think it is time for a re-shuffle and maybe transfer my commitment to another alliance. I've written to BA asking to review their recent changes to the Executive Programme but sadly, they are not listening. So maybe we small in numbers can make big changes! If there are other alliances willing and able to encourage moves and switch our allegiance, we could all make a difference and bring these rewards programmes back to support the Customer. My flights are paid for by me, not a company/corporate account.
BA appear to no longer recognise this and I believe they want the corporate markets who pay for their employees to travel.
I feel a little like "David and Goliath" but I have the motivation and loyalty if other alliances will jump onboard.