FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Citi 10% miles back / rebate for award redemption
Old Feb 9, 2015, 4:06 pm
brownie20

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
I applaud your persistence. At the end of 2014, I called AA so they could count up the rebates for my SO and myself. There was a shortage and they made an audit request, miles posted about 60 days later.
thank you, i'm fighting out of principle now! and thanks for the datapoint - will wait 60 days until my next phone call

Originally Posted by diver858
I have had the opposite experience. Cancelled / changed several award reservations in 2014, received the bonus for the initial redemption, never clawed back.
make sure you double check your mile balances - the clawback doesn't appear as a line item, your account is just short the clawed back miles. meaning my end of october balance was for example 10000 miles but my starting november balance was 6500 miles (missing 3500 miles). very sneaky and confusing for all parties involved especially the CSR.

on the plus side received the 10% back instanteously with an award redemption today - no fuss, no wait. yay for a new year and new 10K limit!