FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airports not accommodating passengers.
View Single Post
Old Feb 9, 2015, 7:49 am
vicarious_MR'er

Programs: Lots of them, no status
Originally Posted by beachmouse
I had a really bad experience ay a hotel just outside of ATL last year- got into ATL at like 12:30am after our flight had been declared mechanical and ended up smack in the middle of the aftermath of one of those Atlanta spring thunderstorm full ground stop events. Delta screwed up on the hotel vouchers and at that point, anything you would have actually heard of and had an airport shuttle was full up, (seriously, even if you wanted a room at the Ritz, it wasn't going to happen) and the only open room we could find was a a place where there were prostitutes out front at night, and a pimp fight in the parking lot when we were waiting for the shuttle the next morning.

If I ever find myself in similar circumstances again, I've got to say that a quiet, little-used corner of E Terminal would be a whole lot safer and less stress than another night in the Atlanta pimp hotel.
Yikes. I have done that hotel after issues getting in and out of ATL that resulted in an unexpected overnight, too. Never again!