FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MRs into Sol Melia free night gift voucher
Old Feb 7, 2015, 11:52 am
heggers03

Programs: Marriott Platinum, BA
Originally Posted by kryten22uk
Thats great, thanks. I take it that they're all just generic "one night" vouchers? Presumably with the specific Melia brand written on them somewhere given the redemption value is different for Melia/Tryp/Paradisus etc?
They are just generic one night vouchers valid for "one nights accommodation, on a room only basis, at any Sol Melia Gran Melia Hotel".

Originally Posted by kryten22uk
How did you find the booking process on the phone? When I made the booking the agent was clueless about Amex vouchers and kept saying that the only rewards that can be made were with Melia Rewards points. In the end he made the booking, but the booking confirmation contains an 875USD 'cost of stay'. Not sure what that's about?!
Booking process was straightforward.

Rang Melia first a few weeks ago and booked the 3 nights and got booking email with 283 euro 'cost' (the hotel was showing 684 euro for the same dates though that was for B&B). The Melia agent stated to call back when I had the vouchers or the booking would be canceled 24 hours prior to the stay.

Tried to reserve the Amex MR Melia vouchers online but the Amex website seems to be broken for this (though since noticed all is working ok on the Amex mobile app). Called Amex MR line and quoted the redeem code and the agent processed the vouchers within a minute. Took about 3 days for the actual vouchers to arrive by post and just now need to call Melia again to provide the voucher numbers.

Quite happy overall; got slightly better than 1p of value per MR which is a decent redemption in my book.