FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MRs into Sol Melia free night gift voucher
Old Feb 7, 2015, 10:56 am
kryten22uk

Originally Posted by heggers03
Just had 3 x Gran Melia AMEX MR vouchers arrive in the post today, I think the online T&C's are just badly worded, the T&C's on the voucher do not mention anything about a limit on the number of nights. The vouchers are valid for 1 year and as long as the hotel accepts the booking I cannot see any way Amex could place a limit the number of nights.
Thats great, thanks. I take it that they're all just generic "one night" vouchers? Presumably with the specific Melia brand written on them somewhere given the redemption value is different for Melia/Tryp/Paradisus etc?

How did you find the booking process on the phone? When I made the booking the agent was clueless about Amex vouchers and kept saying that the only rewards that can be made were with Melia Rewards points. In the end he made the booking, but the booking confirmation contains an 875USD 'cost of stay'. Not sure what that's about?!

Think I'm going to have to contact the hotel directly to confirm the booking type.