FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any experience with being accused of MR account fraud?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 8:01 am
lexdevil

Programs: Lowly UA silver, Marriott Ambassador/Tit4Lyf, IHG Plat
Now that I have spoken w/ a manager in MR, I am even more upset. My account is being audited because I booked multiple rooms under another name. Seriously, what the Hell!? We have 18 rooms tonight at a Residence Inn. 9 are booked in my name and 9 in the name of one of the other coaches leading the trip. I set up the block but had us each book 9 rooms in the block so we could each get credit. I don't want credit for his rooms. We both know we don't get credit for more than three rooms. That's fine. We each want regular credit rather than rewarding events credit because of the Megabonus.

So the reason for this mess is stupid. And the auditor should have seen my upcoming stays and seen how disruptive this would be. And to make matters worse, they notify you of the audit by USPS, so I will not get notification for a few days. And the Audit department is only open weekdays, so nothing can be fixed until Monday at the soonest.

Not sure how I can rely on Marriott in the future.