FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Radisson Best Price guarantee
View Single Post
Old Feb 6, 2015, 9:06 am
cwis

I have successfully been able to claim several BRG in the past, however, my last claim is being rejected for a reason that I fail to understand.

I have performed a Standard booking (that is cancellable) on a Radisson Blu property at 390€. I have found a cheaper cancellable rate on Expedia for 360€.

My rate was rejected because the Carlson representative was able to find a non-cancellable rate at 300€, both on RadissonBlu.com and Expedia.

I re-read the entire BRG T&C , unfortunately I failed to read which paragraphs states that a BRG cannot be claimed when another rate is not eligible for a BRG.

This even seems pretty inconsistent with the T&C, that states:

If a guest finds a Competing Rate on a non-Brand Website, excluding opaque or auction websites, that is at least $1.00 USD, €1 EUR or £1 GBP , 8 DKK, 9 NOK, 10 SEK, or the equivalent in the local currency of the hotel, less than the Booking rate within 24 hours of completing the Booking and at least 48 hours prior to arrival date, then the guest should submit a claim under the Best Rates Guarantee. A “Competing Rate” is defined as a rate available online for the same date(s), the same length of stay, the same number of guests, and the same room type (i.e. room size and amenities) at the same hotel, in the same currency, subject to the same rate rules and/or restrictions.
To the best of my understanding, the mere fact that I booked a room with a given rate, and found a “Competing Rate” on another website makes the claim valid.

Have you ever been subject to this rule?