FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - YVR - HNL Business
View Single Post
Old Feb 6, 2015, 12:31 am
garethlewis

Programs: QF, FI, BA, HHonors & Le Club Accorhotels
Thank you everyone for your comments, I didn't intend to cause such a debate haha!

It should be noted I am not stuck on departing from YVR, we'll be flying in from MAN via KEF on FI and have YVR, SEA, PDX, DEN, ANC and YEG as destination options - we don't even have to be on AC either. I should also state that this is for September 2016.

Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Was on this flight a couple weeks ago. The food and service was good and being able to sit beside my wife made the trip more enjoyable. I did bailed out on the return flight because it was over night. Returned home via YYC from Maui because that flight has pods. I would spend the money again for YVR to HNL flight.
Thank you for your first hand insight!

Originally Posted by After Burner
If nonstop is important for YVR-HNL, I would be inclined to just book WestJet Plus seats. September fares are under $600. Compared to premium rouge, that would save over $800 for two people. I don't believe there would be an appreciable comfort difference between the two options.
It's not super important but preferred for a direct flight. WestJet premium seating with lounge access for a potential saving of $800 is very attractive!

Originally Posted by why fly
i am sure the OP can find some $400Y flights and have $1200 to spend on something other than Rouge Premium!

Also to the OP if you have a friend on UA they will have upgrade certs to get you to First, or you can trade for certs for aprox $50 on FT.

So for $800 + $100 for UA certs you might explore some other options. ( ps fares should be less than $400
Where on earth are you getting these figures? Can you be more specific for airlines for $400 in Y? I am using Skyscanner at the moment.