FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - which Hyatt in Tokyo?
View Single Post
Old Feb 5, 2015, 10:24 pm
craigthemif
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Aventine
it's a bit out of the way from Tokyo too. I'd rather be at the PH, GH or Andaz than use my last Tokyo night out in Hakone.
Actually, I'd rather be in Tokyo on business and have my Japanese trading house colleagues / friends take me out on the company tab...

Originally Posted by hailstorm
How do you get 18000 points for $300? Last I checked they sold 1000 points for $24.

Anyway, if you're willing to give up sightseeing and indulge in all the PH has to offer a Diamond, then I think that it would be worth it.

As for HR Hakone, it's nice, but a bit sterile. If you're the kind of person that, given the choice of any beer in the world to try, would choose a Heineken, then the HR Hakone is for you.
Interesting blog... Thanks for the insight on the PH... Funny you described it exactly as I told my girlfriend... that if we stay there it would be zero sightseeing / leaving the hotel for those 24-30 hours... Presumably there's no problem with 4 p.m. diamond late check-out?

re.Hakone. Number 1 on my girlfriend's list of "to do" for Japan is Mount Fuji. Having done the Hakone loop myself previously as a daytrip from Tokyo, only to see clouds, I thought 2 days would be better than 1 for getting that elusive glimpse... And since it does have an onsen, I can barely manage to convince myself to part with 25k points (actually P+C).

Yes, I work on the basis on the 40% bonus I see regularly enough = 1.7 cents a point...